Starting New Life
Improve the Quality of Your Life
One of the most important benefits of dental implants is that they greatly improve the quality of your life.
When replacing missing teeth with dentures, the teeth can slip and slide around the mouth. The facial muscles become tense in an attempt to hold the teeth in place. This often results in mumbling, slurred speech or clicking noises. Dental implants allow you to speak with confidence in a relaxed and natural tone.
Dental implants can eliminate the numerous embarrassing inconveniences of removable partial and full dentures. You will eliminate the use of gooey denture adhesives that must be re-applied throughout the day. You will no longer need to cover your mouth when you laugh or smile, for fear that your teeth will pop out or fall down.
Dental implants restore chewing efficiency comparable to that of natural teeth. Therefore, patients with dental implants can eat a wide range of food items with less difficulty, and experienced less impact on daily life than patients with dentures. In addition, a full upper denture covers the palate of the mouth and reduces the ability to taste foods. With dental implants, you can have the palate removed from your upper denture so you can taste and enjoy your food.
Since dental implants look, feel and function like natural teeth, you will have a new set of teeth or a new tooth that will greatly improve the cosmetic appearance of your smile.
The Most attractive, natural-looking method of replacing teeth is with dental implants. A restored implant has the look, feel and function of a natural tooth and when it is placed by an expert, it is difficult to tell the implant apart from your natural teeth.
A dental implant has two parts: an anchor that is placed into the jaw bone and acts as a tooth root, and porcelain crown that is affixed to the anchor. Our practice has a specialist in-house who will place your dental implants. San Diego dentist Dr. James Mahooti DDS has been placing dental implants successfully in our office for many years. Once the implant integrates into the jawbone (usually in four to five months), Dr, James Mahooti will restore it with a high-quality porcelain crown.
Our office also offer dental implants for denture support. Dentures can be snapped into place with implants to provide a secure fit so you can talk, eat, smile and laugh with confidence instead of working about whether you dentures will slip.
Replacing a missing tooth or teeth is beneficial for more than just aesthetic reasons. The teeth support each other, as well as your gums, cheeks, lips and other soft tissue. When a tooth is lost due to decay or trauma, the neighboring teeth may being to drift into the space left behind. Restoring a missing tooth by placing an help preserving the jaw bone.
Benefits Over Traditional Treatment
What are the advantage of dental implants over dentures or a bridge?
When you lose entire tooth – crown and root – shrinkage of the jawbone may cause your face to look older. Dental implants can stop this process. A traditional denture or bridge doesn’t
Maintained natural teeth
With traditional practices, two teeth adjacent to a missing tooth must be ground down to anchor a bridge. Dental implants often eliminate the need to modify healthy teeth.
- There are no loose parts to worry about, The implant is stable and comfortable.
- No adjustment is need after installation. Normally, it will serve its owner for life.
- No preparation of adjacent teeth is required
- They can preserve the bone maintaining the integrity of the facial structure
- They allow for superior long-term aesthetics
- They are the closest replacement possible to natural teeth
- They will restore lost lip support and minimize wrinkles around the mouth
- They eliminate the pain of ill-fitting dentures
- They are long lasting and strong.
Despite improvements in dental care, millions of people still suffer from tooth loss due to tooth decay, gum disease, injury and other causes. In the past, the only viable treatment options were bridges and dentures; however, today, dental implants are a better alternative for people with missing teeth. Since dental implants look, feel and function like regular teeth, they allow the patient to life normally and smile with confidence.
- Implants restore proper chewing function and so you can enjoy foods previously too “difficult” to eat.
- You feel confident that your replacement teeth won’t move or loosen.
- You regain the closest thing to the look feel and function of your natural teeth.
- Throw away those gooey adhesives.
- Forget about unsightly partial denture clasps which place damaging pressure on remaining natural teeth.
- Eliminate irritated and painful gums.
- Improve your speech by eliminating or reducing the “fullness” of full or partial dentures
- Replace missing teeth with the look and feel of natural teeth without having to “cut down” healthy teeth.
- Dental implants help stop the progressive bone loss and shrinkage of your jawbone by “mimicking” the roots of natural teeth.
- Dental implants are clinically proven with a success rate in excess of 90%
Clearly dental implants are one of the finest treatment options dentistry has to offer. With their ability to improve the quality of your life and health it’s easy to understand why they have become the accepted alternative to traditional methods of replacing missing teeth.
Are dental implants successful?
With more than three decades of clinical experience and over a million patients treated, implants are highly successful. Our statistics confirm a success rate of nearly 95 percent for individual implants* - even higher for the bridges they support. Dental implants placed in our first patient 35 years ago are still functioning today!
Results based on implants and bridges remaining and function over a five – years period.
Implant placement is a painless, minimal invasive, atraumatic procedure which is done under local anesthesia in a normal dental chair unit. The procedure doesn’t take much time and there are no restrictions in maintaining normal activities. (Off course not heading to play baseball)
The implants are placed and left for 4-6 months for the osseointegeration and in meantime patient can wear temporary prosthesis. Then one or two week are given as gingival healing caps are placed over the implants to achieve natural contour of gum. After that the prosthesis is delivered.
Am I eligible for implants bearing prosthesis?
Person having a missing tooth / teeth and leading a healthy life activities are the candidates for implants.
Dental implants may not be placed in:
- Chain smokers
- Patients with endocrine disorders such a uncontrolled diabetes, pituitary and adrenal insufficiency
- Having active infections such as tuberculosis, temporal flu etc.
- Active lesion such a cyst, abscess, etc.
- Anatomical restrictions such as insufficient space for implant placement.
- Social restrictions such as psychological disorders.
- Patient on certain medicaments such as corticosteroids
- Patients with bone disorder such as fibrous dysplasia etc.
- Patients with hematological disorders such as hemophilia.
For more information, visit our Dental Implants microsite.